Avalanche Safety Course in Passo Tonale
This course will teach you how to manage the risks when going off-piste and what to do in the case of an accident; you will learn how to read the snow pack, understand the weather conditions and finally use a transciever to search for avalanche victims.
- Provide a basic understanding of avalanches.
- Describe a framework for decision making and risk management in avalanche terrain.
- Focus on identifying the right questions, rather than on providing just “answers”.
- Give lessons and exercises that are practically oriented, useful and applicable in the field.
The course is delivered in the field.
Availability and prices
This course is available from December to April
- 1 pax: €80.00 per person (min 3 participants)
- The price is intended for one person.
- You will need winter clothing and snow boots because the course is entirely in the snow field.
- You can hire avalanche safety kit requesting it in advance at about 15 euro.
- 1 full day training with an UIAGM / International Mountain Guide
- RC assurance
- Group gear and Spare equipment (see the list in FAQs section)
- Transport, tolls and petrol to the meeting point
- Mountain huts and lift passes, for you and the guides (usually 50 euros per night half board accommodation and about 40 euros for the lift pass)
- The guides expenses that are split between the group members
- Food and drink during the tour
- Ski equipment as skis, ski boots and poles
- Personal equipment (see the list in FAQs section)
- Personal safety kit (transceiver, shovel, probe)
- Any other expenses
Meeting with the guide
Meet the guide, coffee, equipment check and introduction
Start the course
Take the Paradiso cableway and reach the ”avalanche safety campus”.
Start the training with theory and exercices.
Lunch time at the refuge.
Avalanche training simulation
Simulation of a critical situation and final test.
End of the training
Finish training, questions, final conclusions and back to the meeting point.
We work closely with a number of accommodation providers in Ponte di Legno. If you book one of our activities we can arrange your accommodation in Ponte di Legno. Let us know what type of accommodation you are looking for and we will send you some recommendations:
Contact us for further information: [email protected]