MTB Tour Domusnovas – Cala Domestica
A wonderful itinerary connecting some of the Iglesiente’s most impressive sites, a southern Sardinian mountain-biking masterpiece. Starting at the unique cave of San Giovanni at Domusnovas, it leads you to the beautiful beach of Cala Domestica via the Temple of Antas and the Canyon of Gutturu Cardaxiu.
- Distance: 44 km (27.29 mi)
- Time: 3,5 h
- Elevation min: 0 m
- Elevation max: 630 m (2,060
- Elevation gain uphill: 1150 m (3,789f)
- Technical difficulty: moderate
- Difficult level: moderate
- San Giovanni’s cave
- Mining Village of Arenas and Tinnì
- Crag of Punta Pilocca
- Antas Temple (punic-roman holy building)
- Sant’Angelo Village
- Prehistoric area of Grugua
- Canyon of Gutturu Cardaxiu
- Cala Domestica (beach)
Availability and Prices
- 1 pax: €120 per person per day
- 2 pax: €65 per person per day
- 3 pax: €50 per person per day
- 4 pax: €40 per person per day
- From 5 to 8 pax: €35 per person per day
We can also offer equipment rental. The equipment available for hire includes mountain bikes, helmets, gloves and camel-baks.
- €15 per person per day
Our tours are designed for you and with you. Just tell us your preferences, level and interests and we will plan the best trip for you. Half-day and one-day tours, which can fit into your holiday plans more easily, are also available.
We also offer basic lessons for beginners.
Combined Holidays. Experience a mix of Active Adventures.
The advantage of booking an adventure with us is that you can taste more than one sort of sports adventure. You can be riding a Mountain Bike one day, walking on our Trekking Tour the next and visiting the area’s best Climbing crags the day after that.
The price is intended per person and per day.
- Full day mountain biking with a professional certified Mountain Bike Guide
- Liability insurance
- Transport, tolls and petrol to the meeting point
- The guides expenses that are split between the group members
- Food and drink during the tour
- Personal mountain biking equipment
- Any other expenses
Pedra Rubia B&B is inspired by the beauty of this part of Sardinia – a true treasure trove for anyone who loves outdoor sports and nature at its wildest, not to mention the stunning coastline and Mediterranean waters.
Pedra Rubia and the environment.
We try to run our bed and breakfast in a way that respects the environment around us. Hot water is produced by solar thermal panels (after all, there’s no shortage of sunshine) and all the lights are energy efficient. Our electrical appliances have also been chosen on the basis of low energy consumption. We provide a transfer service to train stations and the airport, to encourage our guests to use public transport.
We also offer bike hire, not least to provide a degree of autonomy for shorter journeys.
Why Pedra Rubia?
Our name and our philosophy are inseparable. ‘Pedra Rubia’ means ‘red stone’ in the local dialect. Stone is a poor man’s material, generally, and is often thought worthless, but here in Sardinia, it has long held a key role. You just need to look at those symbols of Sardinia, the Nuraghe, or at the bare rock that abounds all over the island. For us, as climbers, stone is both fascinating and valuable, and this is all the more true here in the Sulcis Iglesiente given how good the local rock is for climbing.
And the rocks here are ruby-red, or ‘rubia’, like the Pan di Zucchero sea stack that we see tinted red in the setting sun every evening from the windows and balconies of our B&B.
- Bed and blankets in a single room
- Private bathroom and Shower
- Any other food or drinks
- Any other expenses