The climate on Etna favors a fairly compact snow and the inclination of the slopes is excellent.
Mount Etna ski trip – skiing on an active volcano
Skiing on the highest active volcano (3343 m) and largest (20 km radius) of Europe with an eye to the sea is an experience that will remain in your memory! The climate on Etna favors a fairly compact snow and the inclination of the slopes is excellent, ideal for medium-sized skiers.
From the cable car station at 2500m you reach the top in about three hours, being able to see the four craters closely. The Mediterranean atmosphere, the mild climate, the aromas, the flavors of a traditional and authentic cuisine with the warm and cheerful Sicilian hospitality, will make our adventure in Sicily unique!
- Ski off-piste in the Passo Tonale ski area
- Fun and friendly approach
- Untracked slopes even after several days
- Activity type: Ski touring
- Period: from February to March – on demand
- Mountain Group: Mount Etna volcano
- Location: Sicily, Catania
- Skill level: Average skier (red tracks)
- Groups: min 3 – max 6 persons per guide.
Meeting at the Stubai Gletscher ski area at 9.30 am.
Freeride or ski mountaineering equipment. Mandatory Artva, shovel, probe and helmet. Equipment can be rented.
Prices and availability
- €490.00 per person – min 3 persons
- 5 days trip ki touring with an UIAGM/IFMGA International Mountain Guide
- RC assurance
- All the guide expenses
- Transport, tolls and petrol to the meeting point
- Mountain huts, accomodation and lift passes
- Food and drink
- Ski equipment as skis, ski boots and poles
- Personal equipment
- Personal safety kit (transceiver, shovel, probe)
- Personal travel and injury insurance
- Any other expenses
- Equipment rental on request
Meeting and transfer
Meeting at Catania airport in the afternoon and transfer to Nicolosi. Meeting and overnight in B&B / Hotel.
Start ski touring trip
South-East traverse. Short transfer to Rifugio Sapienza 1910m and climb to the craters of Mount Etna 3323m. Magnificent descent on beautiful slopes passing near Pizzo Denari, up to the 1781m Rifugio Citelli where we will stay overnight.
East-North traverse. Climb with the skins to the Pizzar Denari 2847m and descent to Piano Provenzana 1800m. Short transfer to the B&B Clan dei Ragazzi-Hotel Ragabo where we will stay overnight.
West-South traverse. Short transfer to the Provençal Plan and taking advantage of the ski lifts we will arrive at Anfiteatro 2340m. From here on skis we will climb to the Northeast crater. The descent takes place passing near the Tower of the Philosopher and entering the Valle del Bove up to the former Manza Refuge 1770m. Overpassing the saddle Lapide Malerba we descend to the Piano dei Pompieri and with a short transfer we will return to Nicolosi where we will stay in B&B / Hotel.
Back to Catania airport
Transfer to Catania airport and return journey.
Skiing on the highest active volcano (3343 m) and largest (20 km radius) of Europe with an eye to the sea is an experience that will remain in your memory!
Ski touring or ski mountaineering equipment. Mandatory Artva, shovel, probe and helmet. Equipment can be rented.